Today was a landmark day. Alden turned 20 months old! AND, we had our first trip to the circus. Helen and Alden were so excited to be there. They sat completely still and glued to the action for over an hour! This was so unbelievable. Alden kept pointing and talking. We knew they would love the animals, but we were so surprised at how much they loved the dancers and people making themselves into pretzels. All the way there, Alden kept saying, "Circus. Giraffes. Elephants." I think he loved the circus so much that he forgot there were no giraffes there. On the way home, he just said, "Circus! Circus!" I love this picture because, seriously, Alden and Helen could be twins!Daddy took off for a couple of hours to go with us to the circus. Mommy was very thankful that she did not have to carry Alden for the long walk from the car to the arena. Susan and Joey got the heavy loads, and I was lucky enough to have the easy end of the deal and carry baby backpacks.Two pregnant mommies plus two toddlers equals a big need for an extra set of hands and muscles. Joey was pulling double duty for a pregnant mommy bathroom break!
Alden and Mommy had a special lunch together afterwards. He wouldn't eat anything but baked lays, but he was happy. Okay, just for today, Mommy will let him have a 20 month birthday present of only eating barbecued baked lays for lunch.
1 comment:
so fun..enjoy these days with Alden by himself cause once they pass you can't get them back. I miss my days with just my claire bear. So glad he had a great time. reminds me of when I took claire to the circus and was pregnant with ellie..i ate one of every thing the consession offered. you look so adorable by the way.
Post a Comment