We are at 33 weeks and counting. For those of you who have followed Alden's medical history, this will be a funny story. At my 30 week appointment, Spencer was measuring about two weeks behind on the belly measurement. He has been doing that for about six weeks now, and so my doctor decided to go ahead and do an ultrasound to check on him. When they did the ultrasound, she said that he was actually on the bigger side and all was well. When I went back for my 32 week appointment, my doctor was still puzzled over why this baby was measuring big on the ultrasound because he still was measuring about 2 weeks behind on the belly measurement. I laughed and told him that we at least knew, since the ultrasound tech told me, he was going to have a big head like his brother. He told me to explain. I told him how Alden was always 25-50% in weight and height but like 99% in head! He went back and looked at the ultrasound results. Guess what? They average the results of all the body parts. Spencer is NOT a big baby. He, like big bro, is an average size baby with a big head. The head measurement skewed the entire weight measurement! Are we surprised??Alden loves "the baby" and has finally learned to say Spencer, although I am not sure he realizes that this is one in the same. He likes to lift up my shirt to see the baby and poke at him, especially through the belly button. After a few minutes of poking and pulling, he tells the baby bye-bye, covers up my belly, and sometimes gives him a kiss. I just hope that he doesn't give Spencer a kiss and tell him bye-bye when he gets home from the hospital. He will be very surprised when he doesn't disappear!
No comments:
Post a Comment