Thursday, October 22, 2009

Snips, and Snails, and Puppy Dog Tails!

Alden is having a baby brother! We are officially responsible for bringing more DuMontier males into this world. Last night, we took a vote, Joey was still on the fence. I said I was 100% boy. I love being right! Here are our basic reactions at the doctor:
Dad: Yes! No wedding, no drama, no prom dress!
Mom: Yes! I don't have to sew as much stuff. I already have it!
Dad: We are going to have to teach you how to throw baseballs.
Mom: Yes! I can buy more stuff because it will be used for two boys!
Dad: This does not mean we have to buy more stuff!
Mom: Now, if we have three kids the boys can share a room.
Dad: Silence...silence...slightly pale...$$$$ flashes before his eyes...eyes roll...silence
Baby Boy DuMontier was going crazy for his ultrasound. You could actually see my stomach moving up and down. He changed positions every time she took a picture. The only thing he wouldn't do was uncross his legs so that we could see what was going on down there. They cord was hanging right over it like a little loin cloth. It took 45 minutes and several position shifts to give us a clear view. Notice the crossed legs!
After I found out he looked heathy and great and we counted fingers, toes, kidneys, and heart chambers, I was going to be so mad at this baby if it did not let us know what it was! But, there you have it...the first and last photo of this anatomy that will ever be posted on this blog. Sweet profile.Here is one of his face. He kind of looks like a mummy on the Discovery Channel right now. Several times during the ultrasound he cuddled his hands up to his face, sucked his thumb, and grabbed his feet. I am telling you, moving like crazy. I am in SO much trouble!Little arms. He is saying his prayers.A foot. Okay, so let me just say this, no one can say that this one does not look like me. The ultrasound tech asks, "Whose second toe is longer than the big toe?" Oh, yeah! A mommy trait. Even if this one also has white-blond hair and blue eyes and sleeps with its mouth open, it has my TOES!!!Five fingers. Count them!

I cannot tell you how excited we are! Mainly, that this baby is healthy and has all of its parts in all the right places. My heart was beating so hard this morning waiting on the ultrasound to check on him. Now, we have already planned out all of the boy trips, toys, and activities that will fill our house. Name to come. We had one, but Dad now wants to make another run through the book now and is not ready to commit. All I know is that this house is going to be turned upside down in the next few years. Something is telling me I am going to regret that white sofa in my living room!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOVE IT! SO EXCITED! LUCY AND CARLA STILL GET TO BE THE PRINCESSES!