My mom realized that I was unhappy and gave me a big hug to make it all better.
I was so happy that I was feeling better. I told Mom all about it. We had a very nice conversation.
I even posed to let Dad take my picture. We are practicing for my audition to be the next Gerber baby.
And then, I got really tired and took a nap in my favorite place. I con her into doing this all of the time!
But, then, it only lasted for a minute before it happened again.
The 4th of July was not the only time this happened. A few days later, Mom decided to take me for a walk in the park. We got all dressed up in another new outfit that Lindsey and Paul brought to me in the hospital. It looked so big to all of us, but I have already grown into it. Look how great it looks.
I was ready for my outing and protecting my delcate skin with my handsome sunhat when suddenly...The screaming happened everywhere. Grandma Libby and Grandpa Bo came to visit me in July. Although everyone had a try, I was very cranky and fussed and cried and fussed and cried some more. One of the only things that would calm me down was swinging in the outside porch swing. I am absolutely fascinated by light, and since our swing is underneath the upper back deck, I can sit for minutes and minutes looking at the light go back and forth between the slats. It is so cool. That weekend, Mom even tried to take me out there at night when there was no light. Guess what? It is just as good at night! Of course, my Dad does not like me to mention my favorite thing that always, always makes me happy. Don't you remember me telling you? "Dancing Queen!"
After my unhappy moments got worse and worse, Mom finally had enough of me being sad and uncomfortable all the time. Finally somebody got it! I was having all kinds of diaper problems that I would rather not speak of in my blog and many tummy aches. She called my doctor and told her we had to see her right away. Those pink drops they gave me all of the time worked a little but not a lot. I like them though. Daddy always gets just a little on my onesie, especially my white ones, and that makes it even better. My doctor says that I am allergic to milk protein and I am lactose intolerant. I don't know what that means, but she and Mom changed my formula.I heard the doctor lady tell Mom it was the Dom Perignon of baby formula. I don't know what that means, but I did see Dad searching the internet for a "deal" on it so that must mean it is really good and expensive. The doctor was afraid I would not like the taste of it at first, but they don't know that I just don't care as long as it is food! Ahh....this feels much better on my stomach!Now that I am a Nutramagin baby, I am feeling so much better and relaxed. I only cry now with an upset stomach sometimes, but most of the time it is when I have a dirty diaper. Guess what is funny? Nutramagin smells really, really bad, and I can now make lots of "art projects" for Mom, as Dad calls them, everyday! They were not very happy when I made three art projects in my car seat last weekend. It didn't bother me, and a neighborhood dog came around to check it out too!
Mom and Dad and I have had some fun outings lately. We have been to La Paz with my Grandparents and my Uncle Tommy and out to eat at a lot of other places. One thing they like to do is go and look at other people's houses on Sunday afternoons. This is pretty boring, so I just hang out and sleep in my sling so no one bothers me.
Speaking of sleeping, I am still having a little trouble with that because I also have what Mamma and Daddy call reflux. I don't know, but I spit stuff up a lot all over people (like Lindsey, and Mom, and Dad, and Granna, and the sofa, and the floor, and Mom and Dad's sheets, and my sheets, and my car seat...lots of things I am afraid). At night, it gets caught in my throat and Mom says that I sound like an old man. I have a hard time getting comfortable because it gets worse and worse as the night goes on. I try thrashing it out and beating on the side of my bassinet, but that doesn't seem to help. They put the top of my bed really high up and they tried to put me in my car seat to sleep but I am not having any of that. You know why? Because I found out even though I spend most of the night in my bed,
And we always go on outings together. This month, I got to go visit my doctor twice, some more retaurants, Best Buy to get my Mamma Mia cd, two malls, the park, Babies R Us for an emergency formula run, Green Valley Drugs, the doctor with Mamma, Target, and those other people's houses. I don't get to see much because they put the shield over my stroller and close me up so I won't get germs yet. But, wherever I go in the car, Theodore goes with me.
My Uncle Tommy came to meet me. I had a great time with him. We watched the Detroit Tigers and went out to eat a lot. One time, he even babysat me for a little while so Mommy could sleep. I loved everything about Uncle Tommy...except his music. Daddy played it when he left, and I had to cover up my ears!
The priest came by from my church and met me. She gave me a blessing and said I was going to be Baptized. It is going to be in November. I am very excited about it, and Sugar is making me a really great outfit to wear. It is going to be a party! Another nice lady came by from the church and brought me a new onesie that had a picture of my church on it. She also brought by a white rose they had put on the alter for me at church on Sunday. Everybody that was there said a prayer for me.
At my two month check-up, my doctor told me that I am getting big at 10 pounds 8 ounces and 22 inches long. I have put those bad days of Gentlease formula behind me and enjoying my pain-free and healthy diaper days. We are working on getting my reflux better and now I get to have some rice cereal in my bottle to stop me from spitting up all of the time. I do like to slime Mom and Dad though! Mom also bought me a new elevated pad for my bassinett that Daddy calls my "Lazy A." At the doctor, I turned over from my stomach all the way to my back. I haven't done that at home yet though. I am even starting to smile a little. I really smiled big at my friend the ceiling fan, but I have also been smiling at Mom and Dad a lot too. They are still very proud of me and say, in the words of the great ABBA, I have been a SUPER TROUPER!
"Tonight the Super Trouper lights are gonna find me
Shining Like the Sun
Smiling, Havin' Fun
Feeling Like I'm Number One!"
Now, I am wondering what kind of new things that I am going to do next month. What do you think Dad? This is just an idea.
No comments:
Post a Comment