Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Just a Little Funny

Just what I get for Christmas shopping early. Alden found Spencer's Christmas present from Santa underneath the golf clubs in the back of Joey's car before it could be transferred to another secret location. Clearly, he was not supposed to be there. I was not happy and had to think on my feet here. Probably not the best idea, but I told Alden that Mommy and Daddy were going to give it to Spencer for Christmas but that now that he had seen it we would have to take it back. Alden got terribly upset which is when I realized this was a bad answer. So, I told him that he could just help Spencer remember to ask Santa for one and he could make just what Spencer wanted. He thought this was a good solution but said, "Oh, I was the Grinch. The Grinch that Stole Spencer's Christmas!" And then I just laughed. We are working on the mini-series rights to this film. Luckily, he is now super excited about helping Spencer design his own custom gift from Santa because "Santa can make anything Mommy!" Even, he tells me, his newest request: Ghostbusters Legos. Oy Vey! The boy can really throw Santa a curve ball, can't he?





No comments: