Sunday, June 3, 2012
Sneak Peek
It was a long road to the 4D. Spencer brought home a stomach virus. It is the first time I have ever (knock on wood) caught something from my children. I thought that it was over, went ahead to my appointment, had a growth ultrasound to check on our umbilical issue, and then proceeded to throw up in the middle of the ultrasound room. I did get some speedy service. Everyone was terrified of me and made me wear a mask. My doctor told me that he would not touch me or get near me and scheduled me to come back when I was better. My husband took photos.
They told me at the checkout that they were booked up and could not do a 4D because I would be too far along at my next visit. I wouldn't be too upset about it except that I am determined not to create third child syndrome and all pregnancies and documentation therefore shall remain equal. Later in the week, all recovered and contagion free, I called back.
We took the whole crew up to the office at 7:45. Alden was very excited. Each of the boys talked to the baby. Alden helped the ultrasound tech move him around to get a better look at his face. Spencer said he loved the baby and that he wanted to ride choo-choo's with him and eat fruit gummies. The ultrasound tech told him the baby was too little for gummies. I was not too worried about the lesson on baby choking safety and nutrition but was just pretty happy that he wanted to include him in the most important things in his two year old life. She gave each boy their own ultrasound photo that they carried all day. Alden even asked to re-watch the DVD over lunch. Spencer made us turn it off and said he did not want to watch the "scary baby." I love him already, but I have to agree, the ultrasound baby is a little scary.
Don't ask us who we think he looks like. I will say that we have the unanimous conclusion that we finally have a child with Joey's family nose, but other than that, I think he is just a special little baby. Sometimes I see Spencer and sometimes I see Alden and sometimes just a sepia baby depending on when I look at the photos. I am sure that he has a little of all of us in him and that is the neat part about family.
You know what this all means? He is coming. Very. Soon. I am pretty sure we can find just one more spot on my lap.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment