Lost between marriage and Thomas the Train.
Then along came Thing One and Thing Two,
And then came Thing One and Thing Two with the Flu!
Please go away fever this thing we can't shake,
Motrin or Tylenol which last did they take?
I am covered in throw up, saliva, and snot,
Is this what it means to be the Mamma of Tots?
Let's add fever of 104 and the croupMeans two trips to Children's for our little troup.
There must be a discount for a bulk of copays,
As we went to the doctor for seven straight days.

Then we have croup home remedies, too.
Put them in the shower for warmth and freezer to cool.
Alden awakens us for stories at 3:00
Spencer will only sleep in my room in the swing,
I love him with all of my heart and my head,
But when can we put him back in his own bed!
Dear little Spencer why pick this week
To drink milk from brother's sippy cup as your big treat?
That day brother decided to bring home disease
Two days later you, too, started to sneeze.

It is not only illness that kept us inside
January sent us a snow, no, it tried.
You promise your son a snowman in the yard
But making one from ice proved quite hard.
Thanks to Daddy this was a success
For making a snow-dog from a big, icy mess.
You must have hot chocolate on a snowy day.
Okay, it was worth the stained shirt I threw away.
Our neighborhood rocked on this snowy day,
Everyone sledding and coming out to say hey,
Our neighborhood cocktail party was the favorite for me,
We laughed at the snow tricks our son learned from T.V.
We can't go outside from sick or from weather
All toys in the world can't make it better.
Oh, my we are board! Oh, my we are cranky!
All of Mommy's activities are tanking!

Alden's new passion is puzzles and he is good
He would do them all day and all night if he could.
Two dinosaur puzzles, Thomas, Toy Story and fish,
Over and over, "Can you help me with this?"
We are so board the crib is a toy,
Big brother playing makes Spencer a happy boy.

Brother is teaching baby new tricks Mommy hates
Like crawling out of cribs and through baby gates

Like climbing up stairs to make my life harder
Like painting your face with the dry erase marker.

Like how to crawl faster when Mommy asks you to come
Or the latest fashions to cover your bum.
Baby Spencer has certainly made a new friend,
He watches our Lucy from days dawn to days end,
But no matter how much I plead and I shout,
He can open that cage and lets Lucy out!
Some games are wholesome and ones you might know,
We've pulled out the old school with a big game of Legos
At our easel we paint lots of elephants and E.T.
Alden, Spencer, and horsey make three.


It has gotten so bad that we play with dirty clothes
You know you are board when you play with those
The game is called "laundry" with clothes pulled out everywhere
They love it, so I guess that I really don't care.


Look, we are all showing Alden how much we care
Ignore that one is in a cage and the other strapped in a chair
He has a hat and a whistle that toots,
And all conductors must wear froggie boots!
Mom runs out of ideas and that is a fact,
One activity is always a good, messy snack
Crackers and Cheerios can be a savior
Why do babies like things with absolutely no flavor?
Some days they are sick and screaming, but soon...
There will be a nap in the afternoon!

So, dear January, my eldest wants to play,
Please keep away the sick and the snowy days.

My little one thinks breathing through his nose again is dire
For right now he really misses his pacifier.
Poor Baby Spencer, what a month ten
Quite a sick little boy you have been.
But I think that you liked staying at home
You are most content when we just let you roam.
January, even Spencer can now tell you bye-bye
I really don't think you even tried.
February, for you I am a pessimist
My kids are still sick and outside is nothing but mist.
At least we are together and making it just fine
Even though Mommy has lost her mind.



1 comment:
I feel horrible! I had no idea the boys had been so sick! Hope everyone is feeling better now. We need to get together soon--I don't think all the kids have been together since Christmas. Alden looks like such a big boy and Spencer is still changing so much!
Post a Comment