Day 3 in NICU: Spencer continues to improve with baby steps. As long as those steps are in the right direction, baby steps are giant steps. His breathing rate has lowered slightly. They want it to be consistently between 50 and 60 and it has been between 70 and 90. It ranged from 58 to 73 which we will do a happy dance about today. He is still pulling when he breathes which means they will be leaving in his feeding tube for now.
The great news today is that Mommy got to hold him!!! This was totally unexpected. I had woken up this morning very sad that I hadn't been able to touch him and wouldn't be able to take him h0me. God sent us this gift to cheer all of us up! Even Spencer. His heart rate lowered and his oxygen increased and his breathing rate slowed when he was rocking with Mommy. He was so peaceful and relaxed.
A good look at that little face. We have only been able to see him on his stomach, so I couldn't stop staring at him. I would not have put him down all day if he hadn't had to eat again (which included the tiny droplets from Mommy for the first time). He little face is still swollen from all of the fluids and IV, and it is funny to see him try to open up those puffy eyelids. He did reach up out of the blanket to hold Mommy's finger. We are both so in love with our little boys!
1 comment:
Good update! I'm so glad you are able to hold him today!
Post a Comment