Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Fun in the Sun

Happy Father's Day! Daddy and I got to spend our second Father's Day together.

I gave Daddy this wonderful card. It was great because it had my voice recorded in it. I got the idea from a Hallmark commercial on TV while I was watching Noggin. After Daddy opened his card, I took him to breakfast at Crestline Bagel. Daddy wanted to see a movie, so I let Mommy take him to see The Proposal and have dinner. I was too exhausted from our fun day together and stayed at home.
I have been having a lot of fun lately playing outside. I have been to the park, the zoo, and outside in my yard. I like to look at my three fish in the fish pond. I only say two words: "Lucy" and "Fish." You have to let your pets know that you love them. Mom and I also love to take walks. I like to wave at the people in my neighborhood and sit up straight and tall in my stroller so I don't miss a thing.
I find that the best way to play with any new toy is to see how it tastes first. I always like to do this especially at Kindermusik class where I enjoy tasting all of the balls, and bells, and clackers until I find just the right one. I have two big, new molars that have just come in and hurt! The other day, Mommy took me to Whole Foods and I grabbed up a bag of frozen vegetables to chew on. They tried to take them away from me to scan them, but I said, "No!" very loudly. The check-out lady just came over and used the big scan gun so I could still hold them. That brings my total up to ten teeth! I can eat anything now. I liked this ball for a few minutes, but it does not compare to the toys inside of the house. My favorite toys are still kitchen utensils, living room candles, and the fireplace. They are all really fun. I can grab kitchen spoons, and spatulas, and tongs, and even whisks and carry them all over the house. Our electrician was so funny trying to put up the light in the family room stepping over the spoon and whisk traps I had left him. I laughed very hard at him.
I need to keep in touch. Feel free to email me on my Blackberry. Mommy keeps trying to pretend that it is hers, but I always get it back from her. Don't tell Daddy though, because he gets mad when I have it. He says that I am going to get slobber all over it an ruin it.
One of my favorite new things to do is to point. I like to point at people and let them know that I can see them. I also like to show things to my Mommy and all of the people that want to listen to me. I show them all of the things I see. They never seem to get exactly what I am pointing at which is very frustrating. I usually just give up and point at something else.
My friend Ben invited me to come and spend the day with him at the pool. I was excited to get to use some of what I learned at my swimming lessons. Mostly, we got to stay in the baby pool made just for us. Our Moms made us wear these silly hats, but it was a small price to pay for getting to be at the pool. Ben tried to show off by diving under the water a couple of times. I showed him that I could do that, too, and went right under myself. I think that maybe we both need a little more practice. I love hanging out with Ben.
Happy 4th of July! Mom and Dad and I had a great day at the Pepper Place Farmer's Market. When we got home, we played outside in our backyard. We had dinner at Zoe's with Granna and Pops. There was a great big carnival in downtown Homewood. Most of the rides were too big for me, but Daddy took me to see this horse. I had never seen a horse in real life, just the blue one in my Brown Bear, Brown Bear book. The nice lady let me pet her. Pops and I took a walk down 18th Street to see what else we could find. There were moonwalks, and rides, and hula hoop contests. Nothing was as good as the horse though.

1 comment:

Matt and Elizabeth said...

So cute! I love the picture with Ben. We will have to take them back soon.